Inland Fisheries & Wildlife Licenses & Registrations


Purchase Fishing & Hunting Licenses, ATV/Snowmobile Registrations Online:

Visit the Online Licensing Portal at Inland Fisheries & Wildlife. 


Hunting & Fishing Licenses:

The Thomaston Town Office issues Hunting and Fishing Licenses for Maine Residents and Non-Residents.

A valid Maine Driver’s license (or positive I.D. and an Affidavit of Residency) is required to purchase a Resident License. Big & Small Game Hunting Licenses require proof of a prior hunting license or a certificate of Hunter Safety. Non-Resident Licenses require positive I.D.


For more information on licensing requirements, current costs, and regulations, please visit: 


How do I register my ATV, Boat, or Snowmobile?

For New Registrations: Please bring a bill of sale from the dealer or private sale. State sales tax of 5.5%  is
required on the purchase price if it was a private or out-of-state sale. A Sales Use Tax form is submitted to the State.
If it was a Maine dealer sale, the sales tax is collected by the dealer. New registrations can only be
processed at the Town Office.

For Renewal Registrations: Please bring a copy of your previous registration. Renewals can be processed
in the Town Office or by visiting the Online Licensing Portal